Friday 4th of August and Saturday 5th of August 2023
COURSE IS OPEN
Captains Day proceeds as planned with the following Model Local Rules in place:
E-2 Cleaning Ball
When a player’s ball lies in the general area previously called through the green the ball may be lifted, cleaned, and replaced on its original spot without penalty. [See full wording]Top of Form
Bottom of Form
E-3 Preferred Lies
When a player’s ball lies on the fairway only the player may take free relief by lifting, cleaning, and placing a ball within 6 inches of the original spot. [See full wording]
Full wording below.
E-2 Cleaning Ball
When a player’s ball lies the general area, the ball may be lifted, cleaned, and replaced without penalty. The player must mark the spot before lifting the ball (see Rule 14.1) and the ball must be replaced on its original spot (see Rule 14.2).
E-3 Preferred Lies
When a player’s ball lies in the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
Limits on Location of Relief Area: Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point and Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
The penalty for breach of a Local Rule is the General Penalty
Friday 4th of August 2023 – Nearest the PIN Shootout and Putting Contest
Alister McKeever invites members to come to the Golf Centre on Friday 4th of August at 18:30.
Entrance fee: £5 includes entry into the nearest the PIN Shootout, Putting Contest and burger / hot dog plus a drink.
- Registration will open at 18:30 and the draw will take place at 19:00.
- If you arrive after 19:00 you can still participate in the putting contest.
- The Nearest the Pin will take place on the 9th of the PAR 3 / Driving Range subject to weather conditions.
- Members will be given three shots with the ball closest to the pin progressing to the next round.
Saturday 5th of August 2023 – Captains Day Competition.
Alister McKeever invites members to his Captains Day on Saturday 5th of August.
- Tee times have been published and are available on howdidido.com or via the Touch Screen.
- Entrance Fee is £5 per person.
- Prizes include Captains Prize, Best Gross and 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the three sections. *
- Goodie Bags should be collected from the caterer prior to your round.
- Breakfast Bap [Bacon, Sausage & Egg] will be served from 7:45 until 13:30. Members should ideally collect their food prior to their round as service will stop at 13:30.
Members should allow enough time prior to their round to collect their goodie bag, breakfast bap and be on the first tee for their allotted time.
* Members must have eight competitions on their scoring record in 2023 to be eligible to win one of the main prizes on both Captains Day and Presidents Day. General Play score will not be accepted. The only exception will be for a valid medical reason BUT members must notify Match & Handicap at least one week in advance to be granted this exemption.
Saturday 5th of August 2023 – Charity Challenge
On the 6th hole there will be a chance to win a fantastic prize donated by Club Captain
Saturday 5th of August 2023 – Refreshments / Ballot
There will be refreshments at the 10th tee box, where ballot tickets for the draw at the Captains Day Dinner which is raising funds for the Captains Charity Hope House.
Saturday 5th of August 2023 – Afternoon Entertainment in Barnaby’s
If you can not make the Dinner and Prize Giving, why not join the Captain in Barnaby’s for some live music from Aidan Logan.
Saturday 5th of August 2023 – Captains Day Dinner and Prize Giving
Friday at 18:00 is your last chance to secure tickets by contacting Rab Blundell.
Payment must be received before the event