As Golf Ireland have issued a change to the guidelines relating to Flagsticks and Bunkers. The Golf Centre will be removing the hole liners and putting the rakes back out on the course in time for the competition on Saturday 24th July 2021.
From this date onwards
- Members are asked to use the rakes provided and leave the bunker as they would expect to find it.
- Only one player should handle the rake where more than one player’s ball is played from a bunker.
- The local rule permitted placing within a bunker will no longer be in operation.
- Members will be permitted to remove the flagstick
- When doing so only one player should handle the flagstick on each hole.
Although the risk of surface transmission is generally considered to be low, we would strongly recommend members wash their hands before and after their rounds and make use of the hand sanitiser provided.
To read their news post in full visit the following link