From the 1st April 2017 members, will be able to return 10 supplementary scores in a calendar year. To return a supplementary score members are required to:
- Sign In to the ‘Supplementary Round’ using the sign in button on the touch screen before commencing to start their round
- Play 18 Holes of Golf from either the White or Blue tees with another MEMBER of the Golf Club and have them sign the card at the end of the round.
- The Rules of Golf as always will apply.
- Enter the score onto the computer; making sure you select the right course:
- Greenacres 2015 if round is played from the White Tees
- Greenacres Blue 2015 if round is played from the Blue Tees
- Place the score card into the Match & Handicap slot
Note: Only one supplementary round can be return a week and only 10 rounds can be played in a calendar year.
Introduction from CONGU Rules
The UHS is based on the expectation that every player will return a sufficient number of scores to provide reasonable evidence of his current ability. To operate in the intended manner, the UHS requires information i.e. the return of Qualifying Scores to produce handicaps that reasonably reflect current ability.
Although golf club Committees and administrators may consider that in the course of a playing season they organise an adequate number of competitions to provide ample opportunity for Members to participate, investigation has confirmed that a substantial number of Members do not return sufficient scores in the period between Annual Reviews to maintain a handicap that reasonably reflects their current ability. This may in part be due to:
- Work or family commitments preventing participation in competitions
- Difficulty in obtaining an acceptable starting time on competition days in clubs with a large playing membership.
- A declining desire to play regular competitive golf.
Supplementary Scores provide players in the above situations and the like an alternative format in which to submit scores for handicap purposes and augment the often sparse information derived from competition play. They can provide more evidence of playing ability for a wider range of players so making handicapping more equitable and golf under handicap conditions more meaningful for all concerned.
A Member may return a Supplementary Score for handicapping purposes in compliance with the following conditions:
- Shall apply to all Handicap Categories.
- A Supplementary Score may only be returned at the Home Club of the player.
- An acceptable score for Supplementary Score purposes is any authenticated score over 18 holes under Competition Play Conditions over a Measured Course in compliance with the conditions listed in this clause.
- The format may be Stroke Play or Stableford
- Up to a maximum of ten Supplementary Scores may be returned annually.